Cleanup/Recovery/Mudout teams arrive with various tools and supplies in order to help residents begin the difficult process of removing damaged items from the home. This is a task that is often very difficult for the homeowner. Imagine the relief when a trained team arrives and begins to do a job that is physically demanding and somewhat overwhelming to a survivor. When volunteers respond, the homeowner finds help for the task and people who care.
C/R/M teams assist homeowners in the following ways:
- Removing sediment and water-damaged building materials from the home
- Removing water damaged furniture from the home
- General cleaning of a flooded or otherwise damaged home
- Assistance in sorting items for restoration or discard
- Hope that the job does not have to be done alone